Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

I'm Back and it is January in Bangladesh! 
                                                                                     


I love these little flowers in Minnesota.  Here they are in Dhaka in a month where we would be freezing cold back home.


Color is everywhere!!!

The vegetables are at their finest right now, especially cauliflower.  I buy veggies, but I have yet to buy a live chicken.



Greetings to all my family and friends,

So sorry that it has taken so long to put something back on my blog.  I went to America for Christmas and was so lucky to see my children and grandchildren, my parents, and my twin sister and her family.  What an adventure!  
I will write more later.  I am going to attach photos of my grandchildren in America and contrast their lives to a few children I see working or playing here in Dhaka.  

I love you all,

Karen

A young girl pulling the guts out of a fresh chicken for sale, while the live birds look on.



The Jones family playing at the beach, Christmas, 2010

Tatiana making Christmas cookies with Grandma, 2010

Young mother outside my apartment the day I left for America asking, "Take my baby to America?"

A ma and his daughter at the park, Bangladesh 2011

Hard work, 4 year old style in America (Sweet William at Christmas, 2010)


Hard work Bangladesh style in the life of a child (cane factory)
Happy New Year to all!





2 comments:

  1. I love the colors too. Make me yearn for Spring. Our little granddaughter is certainly growing into a beautiful woman.... What a change!! Is she still growing taller?

    ReplyDelete