Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Bhutan!!!!!

A glimpse into my trip to Bhutan, April, 2011...memories to last a lifetime.  A trip of a lifetime!!!

One of the many weavers in Bhutan.  Notice how everyone who works wears traditional dress?  So do students.  It's lovely.

This is Karma, my tour guide in Bhutan, plus me...on the balcony of one of our hotels. We laughed so much on this trip.  Karma was trying to come up with a "motto" a day.  He called himself "Son of the Himalaya."

I toured a temple and caught this monk sounding the gong for worship.  He was ok with photos.

The entrance to one of our hotels.  This is typical Bhutanese architecture.  We were greeted with a hot towel and tea.

A photo of the inside of a house where the local brew is made.  Sweet people!

One of many prayer wheels that you must turn clockwise.


Outfitting a little urchin for school in the traditional uniform for school.


Me, Karma, Rosemary, and our driver for the week.  Look at the Himalaya range in the back!!! We had picture perfect days.
A design at the Museum for Traditional Medicine.  Rosemary was sick and they treated her at no cost.  Did it work?  Not so sure.

Yes, I actually did climb to this place, the Tiger's Nest.  It was an all day trek.







I had such a wonderful time in Bhutan, a complete contrast from Dhaka.  I wish you could have all been there, too.  I feel so blessed to have been able to visit a country so untouched by the outside world for thousands of years.                                                             With much love, Karen












No comments:

Post a Comment