Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dreaming in Dhaka

Hi everyone,

I didn't realize how quickly the human mind begins to collect images that are brand new and translate them into dreams.  I began dreaming almost from day one about my principal, complete with her Australian accent.  "Teacher dreams" happen here, too.  My teacher nightmare actually did come true here on my third day of teacher workshops.  The power had gone off during the night and my alarm clock had fallen to the floor (broken).  My cell phone was new and the alarm ring was set at zero.  So, I slept the "sleep of the dead."  (My sister Caroline's description of finally falling asleep after traveling overseas.)  I was awakened by incessant LOUD pounding on my thick wooden door.  People were concerned.

I am going to post a picture I took right outside the beauty salon of rickshaw drivers just waiting for business.  The guys in the picture were happy to see their image on my camera.

More later.

Love always,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment