Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Friday, November 12, 2010

It's November Already!!!



This picture reminds me of The Kite Runner

These girls are in a school bus coming home from a day at school.

Dear Ones,

I can't believe that it's November.  I will be coming home next month!!!  Everything is going well in Bangladesh.  We are entering a milder season, compared to the hot, humid summer.  It is called early autumn.  There are fragrant blossoms appearing that the children have brought to school.  They remind me of plum blossoms.  Lovely.  It's sunny now and the livin' is easier.

I will be going to the Sundarban region in southern Bangladesh on Monday night.  Twelve of us will be sharing a boat on a four day trip to the mangrove forests.   This is another Eid holiday.  I will write about that next; it's very interesting.

Much love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I'm doing a presentation on teaching for juniors in high school for their career day. Is it OK if I use this picture of you to emphasize my point that teachers can teach anywhere?
    Diann

    ReplyDelete