Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Walking Around the Lake on Eid Morning

September 12, 2010

Dear family and friends,

I really enjoyed walking around the lake on Eid morning.  Everyone was in a festive mood, dressed in their finest.  These girls were adorned in "jewels" and were happy to see their image in my camera. 

The streets were almost vacant during the Eid celebration this weekend.  I thought it would be a good time to learn to drive on the left side of the road with the steering wheel on the right side of the car.  I did just fine!  I don't know if I'll drive again unless it's holiday time because the streets get crazy.

I'll post a couple pictures that capture the spirit of Eid. 

(This was not posed! )
Traveling to visit family at Eid


Off to another week of school after my first holiday in Bangladesh.  It will be good to get back to school.

Much love,
Karen                                


                                                          

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those little girls are soooo beautiful. I LOVE their garments and jewels. Those big brown eyes..... What fun to try driving... I would have loved to seen a video of that. If it were me, I'd of been laughing the entire time. lolol Hope all is well....

    Hugs and love,
    Lynka

    ReplyDelete