Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Holiday Time

September 1, 2010

Dear Ones,

This is the first time in over thirty years that I won't be experiencing the back to school jitters of beginning a school year in America.  Best wishes to my friends back home and to my grandchildren just starting back to school.

I'll have to say that I feel more settled in every day.  I have even decided to join in with a trip at holiday time in November.  I'll be going on a four day cruise to the Sundarban region of southern Bangladesh.  There will be twelve of us along for the adventure.

Tigers actually live there.  I can't imagine what it would be like to see or hear a tiger!  We cruise on a boat, explore by foot and by rowboat, and sleep onboard the vessel.

I plan to stay here in Dhaka for our first holiday, which begins next week.  It's my wish to help with a program that educates the population of street children who work.

Miss you all,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to hear that you are going on holiday and taking advantage of seeing the Tigers. My cousin, from London, just spent 3 weeks on holiday. I'm still trying to figure out what "holiday" means as apparently it's not the same as ours. Nici's aunts boyfriend lives in Germany and he has a different work schedule than we do. Working so many weeks on and then off for so many weeks. Very interesting.... Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete