Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time for Adventure!

Look at the love in the grandpa's eyes!






It is the start of a week-long holiday in honor of a Hindu goddess who established good over evil.  I have decided NOT to join the throngs of expats who are leaving Dhaka.  Instead, I have begun to take a close look at the people around Dhaka.  It is a mind-baffling experience to see the wide variety of living conditions within one city.  I went to shop for cane furniture and ended up not only looking at the beautiful furniture.  I took a look in the back of the shop only to see  very poor families living several generations to a hut, practically on the railroad tracks.  They were lovely people!  They welcomed my into their homes!

No comments:

Post a Comment