Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Apartment and Shipment Arriving

10-10-10

Wasn't it fun to write today's date?

I am sorry that I haven't been more faithful with my blog.  Some of you have asked for a picture of my apartment.  I will post one that shows how engulfed everything is by the huge, white space that is my apartment.  I am slowly adding things that make it feel like home.

Speaking of home, I will include a picture of my grandma's wooden rocker being delivered by the long-awaited shipment from home.  That Homebound truck was greeted with shouts of joy by all the "newbies" here at AISD who were waiting since July for the arrival of whatever they sent from their homeland.


All is well here.  The weather is starting to become cooler.  Hooray!!

Love to you all,
Karen



Help Me Decorate This Home!!!

My Grandmother's Rocking Chair Arrives from America!

A Thing of Beauty in the Middle of Dust
                                                                          

2 comments:

  1. It is such a great feeling when things finally make it from home. Seeing my grandmother's rocking so carefully unloaded after traveling around the world on a boat made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen... nice to see pictures of your apartment. It certainly looks big and white!! You'll have to hang some of their beautiful pieces of fabric for some color... This weekend has been beautiful here. Today the temp. forecast says 82 and then dwindling down to a high of 67 on Wednesday. The leaves have been falling like crazy. Not too much else is new. Hope your foot is feeling better. Take care and keep those pictures coming..... I love looking at them. Hugs and love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete