Welcome to Bangladesh!

This blog represents a chronicle of my travel to Dhaka, Bangladesh that began on July 28, 2010 from St. Peter, Minnesota. I retired from thirty years of teaching to begin a new career in Bangladesh. This is my diary.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

To Buy or Not to Buy...

I vote YES for this salesman.  Courteous, honest, hardworking... 

And a double YES after seeing his hard working crew...I DO want some of that lovely cane furniture.

But, oops!  I almost said YES to the fisherman at my corner, but my maid came running and told me, "'No, ma'am, that fish is all bones.  You won't like it."  She spoke in Bangla to the man.  He may come back with a fish without so many bones.  They were good looking fish with clear eyes and pink gills.

1 comment:

  1. More adventures! Reminded me of when I went to Jamaica. Along the beaches were all the finer things in life and just the narrow dirt road separated that from the reality of living. A very 3rd world view! So sad how they make their living. I'm happy that you were able to venture out and witness all of this.

    ReplyDelete